The 1942–43 AHL season was the 7th season of the American Hockey League. Seven teams played 56 games each in the schedule, while an eighth team, the New Haven Eagles ceased operations 32 games into the season, in January 1943. The Buffalo Bisons won the F. G. "Teddy" Oke Trophy as the Western Division champions, and their first Calder Cup as league champions.
- The Philadelphia Rockets cease operations.
- The Springfield Indians cease operations.
- The Hershey Bears switch divisions from West to East.
- The New Haven Eagles ceased operations midseason.
Note: GP = Games played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T = Ties; GF = Goals for; GA = Goals against; Pts = Points;
|New Haven Eagles
†||32|| 9|| 18|| 5||23|| 85|| 116
† New Haven Eagles ceased operations midseason.
Note: GP = Games played; G = Goals; A = Assists; Pts = Points; PIM = Penalty minutes
|Wally Kilrea||Hershey Bears||56||31||68||99||8|
|Adam Brown||Indianapolis Capitals||55||34||51||85||47|
|Harry Frost||Hershey Bears||56||43||40||83||6|
|Les Cunningham||Cleveland Barons||55||35||47||82||24|
|Norman Mann||Pittsburgh / Cleveland||55||31||45||76||83|
|Fred Hergerts||Hershey Bears||56||30||45||75||33|
|Jim O'Neill||Washington / Hershey||55||19||50||69||52|
|Bill Summerhill||Buffalo Bisons||56||41||27||68||64|
|Ab DeMarco||Providence Reds||39||27||39||66||9|
|Norm Locking||Cleveland Barons||56||26||40||66||14|
Calder Cup PlayoffsEdit
- First Round
- Buffalo Bisons defeated Hershey Bears 4 games to 2.
- Indianapolis Capitals defeated Pittsburgh Hornets 2 games to 0.
- Cleveland Barons defeated Providence Reds 2 games to 0.
- Second Round
- Buffalo Bisons earned second round bye.
- Indianapolis Capitals defeated Cleveland Barons 2 games to 0.